Sign the petition to Number 10

Click on the following link to learn about Trans Fats and sign the petition against them being used in food manufacturing: http://www.tfx.org.uk/page0.html

Sunday 20 May 2007

Evaluation week 5

Hi


Thanks to carefix and Karen AKA choclolatefishUK I have received a lot of help this week for which I am very grateful. If you didn't read my last post entitled update please read it at the end of this one -it's important.

If you are also following this cure or are thinking of trying it Carefix has posted specific instructions and a progress sheet to record your data on the forum here's the link again http://uk.geocities.com/p.s.s.ltd@btinternet.com/DTD.doc
I've printed a copy and saved a copy to record my data. Please report back on the forum about your experiences or set up a blog - it's very easy to do. Visit www.blogger.com
If you need any help with setting up a blog send me an email.

In spite of all the help I've felt a bit down this week. I've made a few mistakes eating things I assumed would be ok and then realising they contain vegetable oils. Things to watch out for include nuts, stock cubes and packet casserole mixes. Eliminating trans fats isn't easy, even when you think you've got it all sussed it's so easy to get caught out.

I've also found out that I have mild anaemia and have understandably been advised to start eating meat. I guess it's the sensible thing to do, although I won't be turning into Tyrannosaurus Allen any time in the near future. I'm also experiencing other symptoms associated with my age and the fact that I'm female. Oh joy. It's enough to make you fall to your knees and thank the lord that cadburys chocolate is now on a digestive biscuit.

Anway I'm plodding on, it's a new day tomorrow and things aren't really that bad. My insulin requirements are decreasing steadily which is good. My experiment with the Hay diet (food combining) has had mixed results, but there is definitely a connection (for me at least) with the amount of carbs consumed at tea time the night before and fasting BG levels the next morning. Obviously the less carbs consumed the better the BG reading the next morning. The best results have been after limiting the portion sizes as well. Pretty flippin obvious I suppose.

I asked carefix about the carbs connection and he said that while reducing carbs will improve BG it is not a cure. Replacing trans fatty acids with cis fatty acids will actually cure insulin resistance because the body rebuilds cells using the cis fats which allow glucose to enter the cells normally.

To be honest I think I've been reading too much and I'm getting bogged down with it all. There's so much conflicting advice around diet that I'm getting confused and fed up with it. From now on I am just going to concentrate on the carefix's instructions - get the good oils down and do my best to avoid the bad ones.

Finally, at the request of carefix I am referencing the originator of this cure, visit http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/DiabetesDeception.html
to read it.

I have also started a thread on the food forum for anyone to post recipes/suggestions for getting the flax oil down.

Take care
Carol J